- Modular 16-128 line system
- Meets and exceeds the requirements of BS 5839-9 when correctly installed
- Ideal for disabled refuge, fire telephone & stadium marshalling applications
- Wall-mounting CCU 16 line Master Control Unit can be connected to up to seven SCU 16 line Slave Expansion Units
- Separate ECU-32 Desk Control Unit allows operators to communicate with up to 32 outstations using true duplex speech (64 & 128-way versions also available)
- Type B ‘Disabled Refuge’ outstations available in stainless steel or green steel (flush, surface and weatherproof options available)
- Type A ‘Fire Telephone’ outstations available in locking or non-locking red steel cabinets
- Unique ‘auto-learn’ facility allows fast network set up
- All extensions can be named with user-defined text of up to 15 characters
- Fully monitored hardware and software
- System operates at 24 VDC
- In the event of mains failure, operation can be maintained for 24 hours (standby) and 3 hours (in use) using 2 x 12V 7 Ahr batteries
- Optional line tester allows cable faults to be checked prior to connection
- Ideal for hotels, shopping malls, office blocks, transport terminals, banks, sports stadia, auditoria, etc.
- SigTEL ‘Compact’ system also available – ideal for systems up to 16 lines (expandable to 64)
Our SigTEL 16-128 line emergency voice communication system is ideal for use in all medium-to-large sized disabled refuge or fire telephone applications.
In disabled refuge applications, it allows people who cannot easily evacuate a building to communicate with a central control point during a fire emergency. In fire telephone applications, it allows building management, the emergency services and fire marshals to communicate with each other before, during and after a fire.
The system is fully monitored, extremely cost-effective and meets and exceeds the requirements of BS 5839 part 9 when correctly installed.
Our SigTEL 16-128 line EVC system comprises a range of sophisticated control equipment (described below) designed to connect to up to 128 ‘outstations’. Typically located in a building’s control room, the control equipment allows management and/or the fire services to communicate via a telephone-style handset with the system’s ‘outstations’. Two types of outstation are available – Type A (fire telephone-style for fire telephone/stadium marshalling applications) and Type B (handsfree intercom-style for disabled refuge applications). Both types of outstation connect to the system’s controller using two cores of 1.5mm2 enhanced fire rated cable of up to 1km in length.
Our modular 16-128 line control equipment comprises one CCU-16 16 line Master Control Unit and up to seven SCU-16 16 line Slave Expansion Units.
Line cards are not included and MUST be purchased separately. For every two Type A outstations connected, an LC2 2-Way Line Card is required and for every two Type B outstations, an LC3 2-Way Line Card is required.
A separate ECU Desk Controller is also required to allow operators to communicate with the system’s outstations. Three versions are available, the ECU-32, which can control up to 32 lines; the ECU-64 (up to 64 lines) and the ECU-128 (up to 128 lines).
Note, the CCU-16 is supplied with a standard tone card that provides ringing, busy, alert and evacuate tones. If required an SVMM message module can be fitted to provide real speech for the same functions as the standard tone card.
TYPE A ‘FIRE TELEPHONE’ OUTSTATIONS:
Fire telephone and stadium marshal systems use ‘Type A’ telephone-style outstations.
SigTEL’s Type A Outstations comprise the EVC301RPO which includes a telephone handset in a push-to-open red steel cabinet and the EVC301RLK which is exactly the same but with a ‘lift key’ locking mechanism. They are typically located at entrances and fire-fighting lobbies to allow fire marshals to communicate with building control during an emergency. Their housings have openings which allow the phones to be heard and they are designed to be surface or flush mounted using the 301T-BEZ Bezel.
TYPE B ‘DISABLED REFUGE’ OUTSTATIONS:
Disabled refuge systems use ‘Type B’ handsfree intercom-style outstations.
SigTEL’s EVC302 range of Type B outstations offer true hands-free duplex speech and allow anyone in a refuge area to communicate with building control at the touch of a button and vice versa. Attractively finished in brushed stainless steel or green metal, they include connections for an optional induction loop system and a general purpose output that closes on activation of the unit for the optional connection of strobes, CCTV activation relays, etc. Flush, surface and weatherproof options are available.
CCU-16: 16 line master EVC control unit with display, wall-mounting
Needs a separate ECU desk dial unit, LC2/LC3 line cards & 2 x NP7.2-12 batteries
SCU-16: 16 line slave EVC expansion unit (expands CCU-16 in 16 line multiples)
Wall-mounting, needs LC2/LC3 line cards & 2 x NP7.2-12 batteries
Max. seven SCU-16 slaves per CCU-16 master (allows up to 128 lines)
LC2: 2-way Line Card for Type A Fire Telephone Outstations
One card required per two Type A outstations connected to a CCU or SCU
LC3: 2-way Line Card for Type B Handsfree Intercom Outstations
One card required per two Type B outstations connected to a CCU or SCU
SVMM: Two message card for CCU (optional)
SVMM/C: Custom message card for CCU (optional)
AFP385: Grey flush bezel for CCU-16 or SCU-16
ECU-32: 32 line Desk control unit with handset and display
ECU-64: 64 line Desk control unit with handset and display
ECU-128: 128 line Desk control unit with handset and display
ECUWMB: Wall Mount Bracket for ECU-32, ECU-64, ECU-128
Fire Telephone Outstations
EVC301RPO: Red fire telephone EVC outstation, c/w handset (push to open version)
EVC301RLK: Red fire telephone EVC outstation, c/w handset (lift lock version)
T-BEZ301: Red flush bezel for EVC301RPO & EVC301RLK
Disabled Refuge Outstations
EVC302GF: Green handsfree EVC outstation, flush mounting
EVC302GS: Green handsfree EVC outstation, surface mounting
EVC302F: Stainless steel handsfree EVC outstation, flush mounting
EVC302S: Stainless steel handsfree EVC outstation, surface mounting
BF359/1: Weatherproof enclosure, IP66, steel, non-locking (for EVC302F/EVC302GF)
Please visit the ‘downloads‘ section for sales literature & instruction downloads.